Factories aren’t green. But the environmental impact of a wood industry is less dangerous than the others.
This happens because:
- it’s not required a lot of electricity
- the heat energy needed comes from the biomasses of the production scraps
- the scraps are easy to treat
The poplar plantations – poplar plywood and poplar OSB – are basically very green.
I-PAN has a low environmental impact and it’s 100% green for two main reasons:
- the production scraps of the virgin wood are used by the biomass power plant to give heat energy to a turbine in order to produce electricity; the cooling water of the turbine gives to the dryer the electricity needed.
- the poplar plantation is renewable and it follows the crop rotation of the agricultural lands. It’s therefore more sustainable thanks to its low energy consumption.