ELLESSEBI 3.0 (LIGHT STRAND BOARD).
INNOVATION IN THE WORLD OF FINISHINGS FOR RECREATIONAL VEHICLES GIVES RISE TO A NEW PANEL:ELLESSEBI 3.0
Resistant, lightweight and eco-sustainable, ELLESSEBI 3.0 is an extraordinarily innovative product for the recreational vehicle sector. It was first presented last August, including in this journal, eliciting a great deal of interest among industry operators, since it responds perfectly to the needs of RV manufacturers, providing very high technical performance specifications. ELLESSEBI 3.0 is created using poplar chips made from virgin wood and provides a very hard surface that is perfectly smooth and filmable with any material: phenol papers, melamine, PVC, Alkorcell and finish foils. The minimum possible thickness is 10 mm (current production is 12 mm), whereas the panel dimensions can reach a maxi format of 5200 x 2200 mm. ELLESSEBI 3.0 is eco-sustainable because the use of adhesives has been reduced to a minimum; the adhesives used are odourless and formaldehyde free. In addition, the poplar used is 100% grown in Italian plantations, thereby ensuring a low environmental impact in terms of transportation, and is from forests that meet FSC and PEFC standards. Production processes are state of art, the most advanced anywhere in the world, using production waste from virgin wood to power a biomass power plant that supplies electricity to the production facilities.
“Our ELLESSEBI 3.0 panels are specifically designed for the motorhome and caravan industry, but are also enjoying great success in the furniture sector”, explains sales manager Alessandro Marchini. “They’re lightweight, perfectly filmable, eco-sustainable and are easy to work with. We have a high production capability, combined with high quality products, guaranteeing our customers superior service flexibility. We’re also capable of supplying small scale quantities of ELLESSEBI 3.0, as is often requested by the RV sector, thanks to the use of advanced production processes that allow us to focus on niche products, special work processes, and fast customized delivery times. Other producers, who may be much bigger than we are, can’t always provide this sort of flexibility”.
- Extremely resistant to abrasion
- Easy to use because, since it is wood, it can be cut, pierced, shaped or fixed with standard equipment used by industries, craftsmen and end-users
- Available in a wide range of sizes and thicknesses
- No added formaldehyde
- Versatile: it can be filmed with various kinds of finishing, both smooth and anti-slip, available in several colors
- Low environmental impact: because it is produced with plantations wood, and reusable
- Economical and multifunctional
- Thicknesses: 12 – 20 mm
- Raw material: 100% poplar, which gives the panel light-weight, high performances, white color
- Core: thin strands, which give stability and high mechanical properties
- Bonding: moisture resistant
- Average density: < 450 +/- 5% kg/m3
- Sustainability: poplar coming from European plantations. It can be FSC or PEFC certificable
The Bonzano Group was founded in 1952, and over time has expanded its business throughout the wood sector. After sixty successful years, 2012 saw the start-up of I-PAN s.p.a., the first plant in Italy and the only one in Europe producing 100% Italian poplar OSB panels. This initiative is dedicated to the entrepreneur Bruno Bonzano, who opened the first Italian thin chipboard manufacturing plant in 1972 and the world’s first plant for the production of thin MDF in 1982.
As a result the company became leader in its own market. The recent installation of production facilities was made possible thanks to the collaboration with the company IMAL s.r.l. of San Damaso (Modena<9, the most important company in the field of applied technologies and systems. It provided an innovative technology that represents the state of the art when it comes to the global production of OSB.